Employer engagement is critical, because employers help to shape the design and delivery of the UTC curriculum so that it gives students a good platform for progression to employment in their sector. Employers help to mould and enhance the curriculum by providing key industry skills and expertise into the content and student projects. Employers can also choose to sit on the Governing Body or an employer advisory board and are therefore central to the ongoing success of the UTC.
There are a number of ways a local employer or organisation can become involved in a UTC. The partnership can range from ad-hoc involvement through to a core partnership. Some examples of this include:
- Joining the project steering group and subsequently the Governing Body once the school opens
- Helping to shape and develop the curriculum
- Develop projects to feed in to the curriculum and support the delivery of these once open
- Support through a number of specialist areas such as finance, HR, IT, legal and facilities management
- Help to promote the UTC to aid student recruitment and support events and marketing
Once you have read the information held on this site, please complete the following survey so that we can gather interest and feedback regarding our plans for a UTC.